The “Online Assessment System for Individual Scores” (OASIS) is a new process that aims to enhance the effectiveness of a team project, broadening students' learning experiences and achieving a fair assessment of team members’ individual contributions to the project’s completion and quality.
In this workshop, teachers will learn a fair, relatively easy to implement, low cost and universal applicable online assessment system which can help them to:
• improve the learning outcome of team projects;
• prevent free-riding problem in team projects;
• achieve fair individual scoring for team projects;
• generate empirics that are useful materials for future teaching; and
• engage students to learn actively, likely better and more than they are currently used to in a team project setting. Copyright © 2018 The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. All Rights Reserved.
|Publication status||Published - 23 Apr 2018|
Woo, C.-K. (2018, April). OASIS: An online assessment system for individual scores methodology. Workshop conducted at Educational Development Centre, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, China.
- TDG project code: T0198
- Period: TDG 2017-2018
- Teaching Development Grant (TDG)
- Teaching Development Grant (TDG) Output
- No. of participants: 28 teachers