Dr. Vanessa Pang specializes in second language teaching and learning. She studied at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (M.A., Ph.D.), where she received training in second language learning/acquisition and second language pedagogy. Before joining the Education University of Hong Kong as Senior Lecturer II, she was Lecturer at the University of Hong Kong and Senior Lecturer at the Hong Kong Baptist University. She served as the Program Director of various early Childhood education programs including the BEd (Hons) in ECE and the Higher Diploma in ECE.
Dr. Pang's research interests include early English learning, early language and literacy development and childhood bilingualism.
- Reviewer, Asia Pacific Journal of Education (2023-present)
- External Reviewer, SCOLAR’s Research and Development Projects 2021-22 & 23-24, Standing Committee on Language Education and Research (SCOLAR), Education Bureau (2021-24)
- Member, Core Group (Arts) for the Kindergarten Resource Centre, Education Bureau (2019-2020)
- Invited Speaker, Professional seminars at the HMSC Expo 2021: Experiencing a Lesson in Early Childhood Education, Curriculum Development Institute, Education Bureau (2021)
- Consultant, Early Childhood Education Department, Young Women’s Christian Association (2021-present)
- 1 Similar Profiles